Benson Community Center
BENSON COMMUNITY CENTER
The Community Center is available for parties, anniversaries, and special events . Be sure to plan early and confirm availability of Center prior to making plans at the Center; we fill up quickly. To ensure weekend availability for parties, regularly scheduled Saturday, meetings must conclude by 12:00 pm. The maximum capacity of the Center is 122, with enough tables and chairs for 48 people. Rental Agreements not accompanied with your payment does not guarantee completion of reservation.
Renters need to be aware that the Community Center is the designated location for pool closures during inclement weather. We will do our best not to disturb your party/event until all children have been picked up by a parent.
- Make arrangements for key pick up not more than one week prior to your rental date.
- Responsible Party will be held liable for costs of any damages or lost equipment.
- It is the responsibility of the renter to move the tables and chairs as desired and return them to the original arrangement prior to leaving the building.
- Sweep floor, wipe down counters, sinks, tables, chairs, mop up spills, put tables and chairs back as found.
- Ensure the lights are off, doors are locked and key is returned.
- No smoking in the building.
Payments: If you choose to make payment by check we require two separate checks; rental and deposit. Please make check payable to the City of Benson.
- No alcoholic beverages.
- Please refer to Recreation Department Bulletin 03-2014 for additional information and the refund policy.
- All organizations will be required to leave a check in the amount of $100.00 as a cleaning deposit.
- Deposit checks may be kept on file for six months for repeat renters.
- One time use deposit checks will be shredded if not picked up within seven business days of rental.
- Private party rental fee: $75.00 ($100.00 deposit)
Special Events:If you would like to hold an event at the Community Center you may be required to provide the following as deemed necessary by the Recreation Coordinator or designee:
- Non- profit events: $20.00 ($100.00 deposit)
- Special Event Permit Application and Center Rental Agreement
- Certificate of Insurance and Endorsement
Certificate of Insurance:
- Permit from the Health Department if you are feeding the public.
In some cases a Certificate of Insurance naming the City of Benson as an additional insured of $1,000,000.00 may be required as deemed necessary by the Recreation Coordinator or designee. Certificates of Insurance must be accompanied by an Endorsement. Certificates not accompanied by an Endorsement will not be accepted and may prevent approval of your Event and/or activity on City Property. It is important to remember when planning an event or activity it can take up to two weeks (if not longer) for your insurance company to obtain an Endorsement. Information required for the Certificate of Insurance is as follows:
- City of Benson, Attention Dorothey Moncada, 120 W. 6th Street, Benson, Arizona, 85602
If you would like to rent the Community Center click the link below to fill out the Rental Agreement and return it to the Recreation Department, located at the Benson Community Center or mail to City of Benson, Attention Dorothey Moncada, 120 W. 6th Street, Benson, Arizona 85602.